Thursday 18 December 2008

Now that is what I call running!

Today I went for my first run since the Buchlyvie Half Marathon six weeks ago. Where did the time go?

I'm pleased to say that it was great! Andy and I went for a jaunt in Holyrood park to do a few hills. I have only just started considering myself a runner so the concept of running every hill in the park was a bit daunting. Andy only does hills! I managed five of them!

Here is my route...

http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/gb/edinburgh/768422748293

The first, Salisbury Craigs, and second, Arthur's Seat, were the hardest but then the three remaining hills were tiny in comparison.

The weather was wild and windy, in true Scottish fashion, but at least it stayed dry until the last 100m when the heavens opened. The views from the top were as stunning as ever. The ever changing light of the swatches of rain blowing past. The white tops of the waves on the Forth visible even from this distance... Sigh

I got back to my office, Venture Scotland, hot, sweaty and totally buzzing.

When can I go again?

1 comment:

Missy said...

Heck yeah I can wingman from afar...I'm very talented! Ask anything you would like - I was lucky enough to have tons of people to help me with all of my questions, issues and that's going to be my 2009 'goal' - help others with theirs. P.S. I love Edinburgh, it's been ~13 years but it's one of my favorite spots on the planet! So beautiful.