Wednesday 9 September 2009

My summer of bangs is over... phew - part 1

As some of you might know, one of the reasons I chose Antwerp 70.3 was its timing. It was early August. The reason it needed to be in late July or early August is because I spend the summer blowing things up!

The Wednesday after my race I started working on the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. This is 3.5 weeks of massed pipes and drums, plus other acts, matching up and down the Edinburgh Esplanade in front of an audience of 9000.



(Photo by Susie)

My role is to set up, fire and clean up the punctuation fireworks that run through out the 1.5 hour long show.
The mortars (Photo by Lynn)

A Mine (Photo by Lynn)

Loading the mortars with mines (Photo by Lynn)


Cannon Maroons and Gavin (Lynn)

Shells, Gavin and Stuart (Photo by Lynn)

No comments: