Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy New Year!

Seeing the New Year on the Meadows in Edinburgh!



I have made one or two New Years resolutions.
  1. To be an optimistic realist. I am often told by my work colleagues and boyfriend that I am pessimistic. I don't believe this totally, I think I am panicky and a realist, but if it will move me forward in my relationships I am willing to give it a shot. So... on the way home from the pub on New Years Eve I realise that I have left the handbag in the pub with my friends. I panic and turn back until it is suggested that I am worrying over nothing and that my friend will pick it up. I should be optimistic! This is a challenge to my resolution at just 1.5 hours in to the New Year. I can't say I was totally optimistic at this point but I continued home. I received a text about 30 min later from my friend saying that she had my bag! I have a feeling this resolution is going to be a challenge to follow but then that would be pessimistic outlook!

  2. To get myself organised for Antwerp. I would like to get my accommodation and travel sorted. Start a list of all that I will need for the event and test it.

  3. Plan lifestyle logistics such as making a list of meals I can eat at what times, a pre-made list of things I need to keep in my fridge, freezer and larder so that I can optimise my shopping time. Lay clothes out in advance so that I can maximise my time in the morning. To keep tidy so that I don't get stressed when I can't find something. We woke up on New Years day with no food in the cupboards and no supermarkets open!

  4. Start getting up early to maximise my training and lifestyle logistics such as shopping and washing clothes. I'm starting on the 5th January, my first day back at work!

So onwards and upwards...

Bring on the New Year, I want to see what you have in store!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Happy New Year! You're 'list' is looking good. I did many of the same things - Sunday afternoons (after all workouts complete) were for grocery shopping and food preparation. If you don't, you end up eating crap b/c you're in a hurry (making your workouts crappy b/c you're eating junk). Laying out the clothes for the a.m., also good when you've got to workout AND get ready for work in a short amount of time. It all worked well for me! Oh, add this to your list...don't worry about things I can't control, you never know what race day will bring, be prepared for what you can control and let go of the rest!