Monday 26 January 2009

Doing too much?

What a week! I think that maybe I was trying to do too much.

Let me know what you think...

So Sunday I cycled to Glentress, near Peebles. Not a great distance, only 22miles, but I had a head wind the entire way. I swear, my top speed was 21mph, the wind was that strong I had to peddle to go down hill! I got overtaken by a small peloton of 3 men. Not wanting to appear weak I joined on the back and boy was that nice to get towed along.

At GT I met up with Stu and drove back to Edinburgh and the Loch Fyne restaurant. Arriving 2hrs late for our meal with friends! No matter, they just ate their pudding and drank their coffees really slowly.

Then I rushed home to pack for my forthcoming trip to London on Monday before heading off to the cinema to see Australia. (I quite liked it).

And that was just day 1! Can you see where this is heading?

Monday saw me head out the house with a bike loaded with 2 panniers and a rucksack. I'm sure I looked a sight going in to the gym with all that lot. An hour in the gym and I was off to work. 1pm and I was off to catch the train.

I do love getting the train to London. It is really easy and relaxing. No hour drive to the airport, no waiting around the terminal and no hour train back into London. All you have to do is pitch up and jump on. 4 1/2 hours later your there, in the center of town. AND the bike is free.

I cycled around the city a bit, checking out where my course was, where my gym was (I had blagged membership to a gym in London for the duration of my stay) and then out to Finchley road in zone 2 to catch the tube to my digs in zone 5. I was too knacked to do my run set so I missed it.

Tuesday involved an hour of travel on the tube and bike to the gym, and quick 45 min session in the gym, 20 min to my course, 8 hours of study then 20 min back to the gym for a bit more training and finally an hour of travelling back to my digs loaded with my study materials.

Wednesday was a repeat of Tuesday only add in a puncture, a trip to the local bike shop and four hours of evening study!

On Thursday I went for an hour and 10 min run round the neighbourhood in the pouring rain then off into the city again. Unfortunately Kings Cross was closed so I got off at Euston to walk and... walked the wrong way! When I noticed I was well p****d off and ended up being very late. Thursday night was fun though. I went out to Redhill to play with my friends son, a 9 month old bubbly baby boy and to play on their Wii. And to see them of course!

Come Friday I was knacked. I had good intentions to go to the gym after more course had finished but really couldn't do it.

I was really relieved to be back on the train on Friday, chilling out and studying in equal mix.

Too much do you think?

No comments: