Sunday 11 January 2009

Week 1 accomplished!

I am at the end of what I consider to be my first proper week of training and I am well chuffed. I didn't skip even one session!

It started last Sunday with a 30 mile ride out along the coast. It was lush winter weather and I was of with a friend who usually kicks my ass but I held my own.

Seven core sessions (home), four flexibility sessions (home), four baby bike rides (commutes), three gym sessions, two swim sessions and four runs later saw me to Saturday and a 5K race round Arthur's Seat. I did the race in 27:35. Not as good as I would have hoped, I got a stitch at the top of the hill that stuck with me to the end, but I really enjoyed it.

I also had a target of getting up at 6.30 am every morning, another target achieved! Next week I plan to get up at 6am every weekday morning. I'm glad I'm a morning person!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Yeah, congrats, sounds like you're working your plan and even getting up earlier. I know, it stinks. As the workouts get longer, you'll need the time, though. The Sunday eve pass out, I love it!