Sunday 2 August 2009

Brief race report


Excellent race. Finished in approx 5hrs 53mins.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Swim went really well. Was one of the earliest people from my wave to emerge.

T1 pretty swift although everything wet from the heavy rain at the start. My support team were as wet as I was.

Bike didn't go quite as well with a flat type, lost chain and strong winds.

T2 excellent, nice and quick and efficient. Lots of cheers from the support team.

Run good fun. Lots of support from support team and hundreds of people in the street. 3 laps. Lap1 painful. Lap 2 painful. Lap 3 painful. Sprint to the finish line - great fun. Lots of cheers from the crowd and the finishers enclosure.

Finished in approx 5hrs 53 mins. This exceeds all my hopes, dreams and expectations. Thanks to all that supported me in this endevour.

More detailed report another day when I've had time to absorb.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Way to rock it sista! Nice job, can't wait to get the details.