Saturday 15 August 2009

Antwerp race report - Day before


Picking up my registration pack


My goody bag - I was quite impressed!

Checking out the bike and run routes. We later went out in the car and drove what we could. The bike was flat, other than a couple of motorway and railway bridges. Lots of tram and train rails to cross though and the potential to be quite exposed. The run through the town was flat as a pancake but fairly twisty and cobbley.

The swim. I have done most of my open water training in the North Sea so I was hoping that this would be relatively straight forward. The difficult thing would be the amount of us swimming at the same time. The water temperature was 21 C. We therefore had the choice of whether to wear a wetsuit or not. After chatting to other competitors, I choose to keep my wetsuit on.

T2.
I should have asked more questions about this!
I really had to control my excitement today. In the end, I missed the pasta party due to faffing and Antwerp roads. I think it was a good thing. I would have got over excited and worked up. In the end, we went to a quiet little restaurant round the corner from our B & B and had spag bog. This meant I could have a relaxing evening sorting all my stuff out.
I went to bed totally prepared and relaxed.

1 comment:

SwimCoachFinder said...

Good luck and hope you have a great race!