Monday 27 July 2009

7 days to go!

And I'm really excited!

I'm trying to organise a way for my fabulous support team to keep my blog up to date with my progress during the race. Watch this space!

I'm really pleased with my training, I have done as much as I can considering that I have had an emotional rolla-coaster of a year.

I did a practice of the bike to run about 3-4 weeks ago. We did 57 miles in 3hrs 30min on the bike over a hill course including pee stops, chats and traffic lights! I then took a long transition of 20 min and went out on a 12.5 mile run (2hrs 20 min). Again I went on a hilly course and had to stop for traffic passing several times on a road with no foot path.

I finished feeling great, really positive about the race and my ability to complete it. I am now hoping to finish within 7 hours!

Bring it on!

No comments: