Tuesday 28 July 2009

6 days and its race day!

Today was the day for packing and last minute shopping.

I laid out all my kit on the living room floor in 5 piles. I had a pile for pre-race, a pile for the swim, a pile for the bike, a pile for the run and a pile for post-race. Each bag is to be packed into it's own bag. It is so hard to know what to take.

I have decided to race in my tri-suit regardless of the weather. It is just so much more comfortable to race in than cycling shorts. That is in my pre-race bag along with a choice of bra's (I just know I will be race day picky!).

My swim bag contains my wetsuit. I have also packed my neoprene hat and three different pairs of goggles; blue, clear and cloudy - You never know what race day weather will be like!

My bike bag has leg and arm warmers, my windproof Gillette and jacket and my waterproof jacket (the forecast is for rain at the moment :-( ). These items can really make a difference to my comfort on the ride. I also have my cycle sunnies (I live in hope of sunshine), my race number belt, cycling shoes and socks, helmet, buff and gloves.

My run bag has my trainers, fresh socks and a change of outfit. I'm not sure how I will feel on race day after the bike ride but I know that I might feel like putting on something less salty. I bet I ignore it and go out on the run in my tri-suit but at least I will have the choice.

Finally my post-race bag has my compression tights, my premaloft jacket, hat and gloves! I always cool down very quickly after a race so I wrap up uber warm until my body temperature re-regulates.

I have packed about five water bottles! I'm sure I wont use them all but once again, at least I have a choice.

Most of my race food has been picked up from a run shop local to Mum and Dad so I'm just bringing a few extra bits and pieces. I'll sort my food out on Friday or Saturday.

All I have left to do is to pack my none race stuff and I'm sorted! Nothing quite like leaving everything to the last minute, when will I ever learn!

1 comment:

Missy said...

No changing, fast transitions and get on out there and ruuunnnn! There might be a little chafing but those are just war wounds to prove you did something!

Fingers crossed for a change of forecast. Keep me posted. Can't wait to hear all about it. Regardless, it will be a great day!!!