Monday 16 February 2009

Discipline

Up until recently, I was really enjoying my new found discipline and routine.

I was getting up at 6am, doing my morning exercises of stretches or yoga then stretches and then heading out for a run, swim or bike ride.

I was eating a banana each morning before heading out, followed by a small vat of porridge when I got to work. Pasta for lunch, yogurt for afternoon snack and vegetables and meat or fish for tea.

I was packing the next days kit before I went to bed for 10pm.

I was working for me. I was feeling great both from the diet, sleep and from the exercise.

I think I'm currently having a wee 'break' from my new routine. Chocolate is back on the menu, carbs are back in the evening meal (although this was needed anyway) and late nights are creeping in.

I think I'll start my routine again when I come back from my holiday at the end of February. I'm in London until tonight then I go on holiday to Glencoe on Friday, not back in to 'normality' until the following Monday so no point resurrecting the routine until then.

Oh well. At least I can try to be good!

2 comments:

Missy said...

Enjoy your recovery time and make the most of it. You got to do it or you'll lose your mind!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Hey! thanks for the tips you left on my blog! I know what you mean about getting out of the routine. It's so easy to start slipping. That's why I have committed to posting everything I eat on my blog - I need you guys to hold me accountable!

I'm looking forward to seeing your menu plan.